This week’s podcast is, as always, brought to you by the law offices of E. Jason Blankenship. Check out his shiny new site here.
Segment One: Iowa Thoughts
Yes, the officiating was one-sided even when accounting for playing style. There was still more to this loss, though, particularly outside shooting. While Luka Garza again had a big point total, he wasn’t unstoppable inside the arc, and a lot of this had to do with Juwan Howard being willing to send the occasional double-team. David DeJulius had an excellent game running the point while Zavier Simpson dealt with autobench.
Segment Two: Iowa Q&A
- What’s to blame for the foul disparity: home cooking, style of play, or both?
- What to do about the two-big lineups?
- Who’s going to be the primary backup big going forward?
- Is doubling the post here to stay?
- How will this team look different in March?
- Most villainous Wagner: Moe or Franz?
Song: “Coldest Days” — The Rural Alberta Advantage