April 12, 2019
- Chalky tournament ends on chalk, with a lot of UVA luck—how do you allow a three at that moment?
- Ty Jerome or Jarret Culver?
- Remedies for the dumb review rule
- Craig calls Ed "Tom Izzo" for being contrarian about that rule
- Other rule changes: when is the last time they called a three-second violation?
- Don in Ann Arbor: development vs. NBA?
- Iggy—would his draft stock improve if he stuck around? When talking about second rounders or late first round, NBA teams feel like they can develop players the younger they are.
- Charles: not invited to the combine last year, but there's no reason to come back unless he wants to get a Master's.
- Iggy: Should have come in a year earlier. All the fan arguments come down to we don't want them to leave.
- Poole: Guys want to get paid for their development, focus on basketball. Poole is taking a step-back three with his career.
- Tempering expectations on the freshmen—nobody 's going to be as close to a finished product as Iggy was.
- How do you finish out the class: Franz Wagner is still an option, would be the equivalent of a five-star, getting straight-up lied to by his Euro team.
- Sam: Wagner has a very high basketball IQ.